Students impacted or affected by recent horrific events may receive support from a variety of campus resources:
- Students who wish to meet with a counselor are encouraged to call the Student Counseling Service (SCS) at 773-702-9800 to make an appointment or to walk in if the need is urgent. SCS is located at 5555 S. Woodlawn Ave., and is open Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm. Outside of these hours, students may call the after-hours Therapist on Call at 763-702-3625.
- The Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Student Life serves LGBTQ students, questioning students, and allies in the College and graduate and professional schools by providing educational opportunities, building community, and serving as a resource for all students in the university. Located at 5710 S. Woodlawn, the office can be reached by calling 773-702-5710 or by stopping by the Center for Identity + Inclusion.
- Also located at 5710 is the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, which creates intentionally diverse and inclusive communities, serving as a bridge builder by engaging students and members of the University community of all backgrounds to ensure personal, academic, and professional growth and success. The office can be reached by calling 773-702-5710 or by stopping by the Center for Identity + Inclusion.
- The Dean-on-Call program makes the one-on-one support and guidance of a University administrator available to students 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This collaborative effort of Campus and Student Life (CSL) and the University of Chicago Police Department provides referrals and support for students in distress, especially during a crisis. They can also fulfill requests for well-being checks.
- The Spiritual Life Office provides support to members of the campus community of any religious background and also to those who seek spiritual life beyond traditional boundaries. It offers a variety of programming connected to spirituality and religion in today’s world and supports numerous student religious and spiritual organizations.