Campus and Student life is dedicated to helping our campus community, particularly our students, thrive and succeed. Our ability to accomplish this objective depends on a climate of respect and inclusiveness. We deliberately bring together rich and varied viewpoints; reject inequities based on class, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and status; and support the free and open exchange of ideas and civil discourse.
We value difference, in all of its forms, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, language, abilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, and national origin, and believe that University community members representing a broad range of identities, backgrounds, and life experiences can engage with and learn from one another.
- University of Chicago responds to racial incident directed at fraternity — June 14, 2013
- Statement on Diversity and Inclusion — April 25, 2013
- Learn more about student resources relating to diversity and inclusion
- Learn more about community inclusion
- Learn more about the RSO Community Values Statement