This award is given to a staff member who has demonstrated concern and commitment to fulfill needs and ensure satisfaction when providing services to members of the University community. University community members can be defined as the university's many constituents, including co-workers, peers, and managers, as well as students, parents, faculty, alumni, and community members.
Criteria: Nominees for this award should:
- Identify and react appropriately to the needs and expectations of members of the University community to ensure satisfactory service.
- Consider the impact on the University community when taking action, setting policies, or carrying out tasks.
- Be familiar with University policies and procedures and their impact on the University community, and be committed to educating the community about these policies.
- Involve constituents (as applicable) in the decision-making or problem-solving process as early as possible.
- Look for creative approaches to provide or improve services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost.
- Refer members of the University community to appropriate departments or employees to solve specific challenges and perform appropriate follow-up as needed.
- Seek ways to continuously improve satisfaction and remove barriers when providing services to members of the University community.
To nominate a staff member for the Outstanding Service to the University Community Award, please complete the form below by Friday, June 10.