The Myers-McLoraine Pool inside the Ratner Athletics Center was officially re-opened on Saturday, September 13. The extensive maintenance and upgrades have been completed, and we are ready to get back in the water! The work that was completed includes improvements to the following:
- Upgrading the mechanical systems including:
- Recirculation redundancy system
- Water flow system
- Filter tank backwashing system
- Replacing the flow meter and water level controller
- Installing a UV system
- Tile work and re-grouting throughout the pool basin and deck
- Re-coating the bulkhead
- Repairing the parapet and replacing the hand-hold structure
- Replacing and adding a new ADA lift to meet new codes
With the pool re-opening, the aquatics programming will also return this Fall. Please visit the aquatics website for more information regarding Community Swim School, Masters Swimming, Private Swim Lessons and Water Aerobics.
We understand that this project has been a major inconvenience for patrons who rely on the pool, and we sincerely appreciate the patience and understanding that you have shown while we have completed this major renovation. For those of you who suspended your memberships, you will automatically be reactivated on September 13, so you'll be ready to go on day one!
If you have any further questions regarding the pool, aquatics programming, or the status of your membership, please contact Bob Petrowski, Athletics Facilities Manager – Membership Services, at email@example.com.