- The website goforward.uchicago.edu provides information on the plans to resume programs and operations on campus.
- All members of the University community are expected to adopt new precautions, developed in conjunction with UChicago Medicine, as a minimum requirement for returning to and engaging on campus. Read more about the COVID-19 Health Requirements here.
CSL Department Updates
Athletics & Recreation
- UChicago's varsity teams will not participate in fall or winter sports this Autumn Quarter. Athletes will, however, have opportunities to participate in in-person practice and strength and conditioning sessions.
- The Gerald Ratner Athletics Center will be open by reservation only for limited hours for students who have completed their stay at home or quarantine period. Full information, including hours, rules, how to reserve a time slot, and other information can be found on the transitional re-opening website.
Center for Leadership and Involvement
- The Center for Leadership and Involvement has a variety of resources to help students manage their RSOs and host virtual meetings and programming.
- A list of virtual Autumn Quarter events is available on Blueprint.
- UChicago Leads is committed to providing students with the resources and support they need to strengthen their leadership capacity and make a difference.
Housing & Residence Life
- Resident Heads, Resident Assistants, and Virtual Programming Assistants in the Houses are supporting students’ social needs by creating meaningful ways for students to make connections. Virtual programs have included murder mystery dinners, pumpkin painting, and “speed friending” via Zoom breakout rooms. RHs and RAs have also been passing out prepackaged treats to residents from Chicago favorites like Stan’s Donuts and Harold’s Chicken.
- International House has created new virtual globally focused programs and community outreach and engagement activities designed to foster diversity of thought and experience. Updates on these programs and activities will be shared on the I-House website soon.
- A variety of virtual social programs are available for graduate students, including the International Cooking Club, the Open Mic Series, and grad mixers and cultural celebrations. Click here to learn more.
Office of International Affairs
- The Office of International Affairs is open virtually. The office has also posted an FAQ to assist students with immigration-related questions.
Office of the University Bursar
- The Office of the University Bursar is offering phone-in or email advising for students.
Rockefeller and Bond Chapels and Spiritual Life
- All communal religious and spiritual gatherings occurring in Rockefeller and Bond Chapels and the Spiritual Life office, prayer, and meditation spaces are suspended until further notice. Students seeking spiritual support should contact a member of the staff or visit spirit.uchicago.edu.
- Rockefeller Chapel’s Sunday worship service is streamed and available on demand and features music from the vocal artists-in-residence, organ, and carillon.
- Spiritual Life is offering a variety of virtual programs, including 20 Minutes Still Meditation, Gentle Yoga, and Chai/Coffee Chats.
- Visit the Student Centers website for a list of building hours for Autumn Quarter 2020.
- The Pub and the four student-run coffee shops will be closed for Autumn Quarter 2020 in an effort to focus on the safe reopening of primary campus operations. The Student Centers website will have information on virtual offerings in the coming weeks.
Student Disability Services
- Student Disability Services staff is available to assist students remotely and is working to develop new resources with several campus partners to implement accommodations for remote learning. Read more here.
UChicago Student Wellness
- UChicago Student Wellness remains available to students through a combination of in-person or virtual options. The majority of primary care visits are being conducted in-person, although telehealth remains a common option. Counseling and psychiatry services and workshops are virtual through Autumn Quarter, as are health promotion programs.
- Student Wellness is providing notification for any student who tests positive for COVID-19 (if the test was performed at UCM or on campus), conducting regular symptom checks for students in isolation, and is available to provide treatment and follow-up support for students with COVID-19.
- Click here for a list of UChicago Dining locations and hours. Dining commons are offering carry-out options and limited seating.
- During the Autumn Quarter, students may be required to quarantine for a period of time. To serve these students, UChicago Dining has implemented the Quarantine Meal Delivery Program.
- Dean-on-Call and Sexual Assault Dean-on-Call continue to be resources for students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Dean-on-Call and Sexual Assault Dean-on-Call can be reached via text by clicking the UChicago HELP button in the UChicago Safe App, or through the University of Chicago Police Department at 773-702-8181. Ask that they page the Dean-on-Call and be prepared to leave a 10-digit call-back number.
- Students who experience a bias incident can continue to seek assistance from the Bias Education & Support Team (BEST). To contact the BEST team, submit an incident report here.
- Read more here.
- The University Registrar is operating remotely. Certain in-person services may still be available by appointment.
- The Registrar's FAQ page addresses a number of questions students may have related to Autumn Quarter.