Facilitated by Wynton Parker, Police Officer, University of Chicago Police Department (UCPD), and Lynda Daher, Assistant Dean of Students in the University & Associate Director of Student Emergency Response Systems
Note: this session will be limited to the first 30 individuals who register.
The University has a robust set of systems and practices that support and care for our students and members of the University community. As staff members, we are part of that support system and may come in contact with students who are emotionally troubled. Drawing on the facilitators’ experience and utilizing best practices, this workshop will:
- Recognize the signs of an emotionally troubled student;
- Provide guidelines for interacting with a distraught or angry student;
- Identify and practice effective de-escalation skills for different types of situations;
- Discuss how the use of the Dean-on-Call program can be helpful in connecting the student to appropriate resources;
- Identify when staff may want to involve the UCPD; and
- Review the scope and role of UCPD.