The University-wide Student Disciplinary Committee (UWSDC) is a standing committee appointed by the Office of the Provost and includes faculty, staff, and students specifically educated to resolve formal complaints under the Policy on Harassment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct. The Committee is obligated to determine the level of responsibility for students alleged to have violated the policy and determines appropriate sanctions, as necessary. The Associate Dean of Students in the University for Disciplinary Affairs works closely with the Committee and encourages students to apply for membership.
- Student representatives must be a current College, graduate, or professional student at the University of Chicago.
- Students must be enrolled and in good standing in their academic program, and will be physically present on or near the Hyde Park campus for the duration of their appointment on the University-wide Student Disciplinary Committee.
- If appointed to the Committee, students will be required to attend all educational sessions to learn how the Committee operates and what would be expected of them as a member.
- Students who are not present or actively engaged in the University-wide Student Disciplinary Committee may lose member status.
- Terms for the University-wide Student Disciplinary Committee expire at the conclusion of the 2019-20 academic year.
Application and Selection Process
Every year, the Committee seeks students (representing the College, graduate divisions, and professional schools) to serve a term of one academic year. This is a highly- regarded position and serving as a student member of the Committee requires demonstrating the utmost level of confidentiality and professionalism.
The Office of Disciplinary Affairs will review applications and select individuals will be invited for an in-person interview. The Office of the Dean of Students will nominate student representatives to the Office of the Provost for potential appointment.
Please apply here by Friday, May 10, at 12 p.m.
Questions about the Committee or your application? Please contact Campus and Student Life at email@example.com.