May 13, 2020
- The University's Spring Quarter 2020 website provides Spring Quarter resources and continuity information, including guidance and updates on remote learning and working, housing, financial aid, and more.
- For information about COVID-19, visit coronavirusupdates.uchicago.edu.
- Do I Need to Self-Isolate for Covid-19? (chart to help you adjust your behavior based on who you have had contact with)
- Self-Isolation Information (for students living on campus)
- Self-Isolation Information (for students living off campus)
- Managing Fears and Anxiety around Coronavirus
- Associate Professor Emily Landon, a specialist in infectious disease at UChicago Medicine, answers questions in a new video about coronavirus and the diligence needed.
- Guide for Staying Well While Studying from Home (for Students)
- Guide for Staying Well While Working from Home (for Staff)
- New Videos: Staff Discuss Resources and Ways to Stay Engaged During Spring Quarter
CSL Department Updates
Athletics & Recreation
- Online FitChicago classes are being offered via the FitChicago Facebook page. More information about class offerings can be found on the Athletics & Recreation website.
- Students and postdocs can join eSports and other online games via IMLeagues.
- Virtual training sessions and written workouts are being offered through the Personal Training Program.
- Ratner Athletics Center and Henry Crown Field House will be closed, and FitChicago classes will be cancelled, at least through May 31. Read more here.
- UChicago spring sport contests and practices are cancelled. Read more here.
Center for Leadership and Involvement
- The Center for Leadership and Involvement created a list of resources to help students manage their RSOs and host virtual meetings and programming during Spring Quarter.
- The CLI staff is working remotely. Students can contact their RSO advisor directly for assistance, or they can email CLI-Help@uchicago.edu.
- The CLI website also has tips for staying connected during Spring Quarter.
- UChicago Leads remains commited to providing students with the resources and support they need to strengthen your leadership capacity and make a difference.
Housing & Residence Life
- Housing & Residence Life will cease normal operations effective March 22.
- Spring Quarter Housing is available to students who cannot travel home due to coronavirus-related travel restrictions.
- Read more here.
- International House has moved to virtual programming for graduate students throughout Spring Quarter. You can view the full schedule of virtual programming, along with details on how to join via Zoom, on International House's Calendar of Grad Events.
Office of International Affairs
- The Office of International Affairs is open virtually. The office has also posted an FAQ to assist students with immigration-related questions.
Office of the University Bursar
- The Office of the University Bursar is offering phone-in or email advising for students.
- The Bursar created an FAQ for students with questions related to Spring Quarter.
Rockefeller and Bond Chapels and Spiritual Life
- All communal religious and spiritual gatherings occurring in Rockefeller and Bond Chapels and the Spiritual Life office, prayer, and meditation spaces are suspended until further notice. Students seeking spiritual support should contact a member of the staff or visit spirit.uchicago.edu for information on virtual programming.
- Ida Noyes Hall and Reynolds Club will be closed until further notice.
- Additional updates will be posted to the Student Centers website.
Student Disability Services
- Student Disability Services staff is available to assist students remotely and is working to develop new resources with several campus partners to implement accommodations for the remote Spring Quarter. Read more here.
Student Health and Counseling Services
- Student Health and Counseling Services will remain available to students during Spring Quarter, although it has shifted primarily to telephonic or virtual/online methods of delivering care. We urge students to attend to their physical and mental wellbeing and to reach out to SHCS for support.
- Read more here.
- UChicago Dining will cease dine-in service for all on-campus dining halls and cafes through March 30.
- During Spring Quarter, undergraduate students who are staying on campus can use the Baker Dining Commons dining hall.
- The Maroon Market will be open Monday–Friday, 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
- Read more here.
- Dean-on-Call and Sexual Assault Dean-on-Call continue to be resources for students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Dean-on-Call and Sexual Assault Dean-on-Call can be reached via text by clicking the UChicago HELP button in the UChicago Safe App, or through the University of Chicago Police Department at 773-702-8181. Ask that they page the Dean-on-Call and be prepared to leave a 10-digit call-back number.
- Students who experience a bias incident can continue to seek assistance from the Bias Education & Support Team (BEST). To contact the BEST team, submit an incident report here.
- Read more here.
- The University Registrar is operating remotely. Certain in-person services may still be available by appointment.
- There is an FAQ available to assist students with Spring Quarter questions.