March 28, 2017
Reflections is a documentary photo project exploring what solidarity means to UChicago. Using photos and captions, students will explore questions around solidarity, identity, and belonging on campus.
The resulting photo collections will then be displayed throughout the campus beginning Week 8 of Spring Quarter. Photo collections can be anonymous. Reflections is part of a larger project entitled UChicago Envisioning Solidarity, and photos from Snapshots are available on Facebook.
All College and Graduate/Professional students are invited to participate. The deadline to apply to participate in Reflections is Friday, March 31. Please apply here.
- Applications are due Friday, March 31 at 11:59 p.m. - Applications to participate in the program are due.
- Reflections Orientation is Tuesday, April 4 from 5-6:00 p.m. - A short session that provides context and guidelines for the project.
- Group Session is Tuesday, April 11 from 5-7:00 p.m. - Time for staff and students to share successes and challenges that have come up in the process of documenting their experiences.
- Deadline for Photos is Monday, April 24 at 11:59 p.m. - All photos and captions are due.
- Reflections Photo Gallery Kick-Off is Monday, May 15 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. - An event open to the campus community that showcases the project and the pieces (photos with captions) submitted by participants.