In adhering to the institution’s shared values, Campus and Student Life encourages a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and embraces community members with diverse backgrounds and life experiences, deliberately seeks multiple perspectives, and supports the free and open exchange of ideas and civil discourse.
The manner in which we interact with one another is critical to cultivating and maintaining a meaningful and effective intellectual environment. Our community can only continue to thrive when we approach each interaction and conversation with an open mind and when each member can contribute fully.
Statements on Diversity and Respect:
- Working Together on Campus Climate, November 20, 2014
- Message from the President and Provost on Expressions of Hate, November 19, 2014
- Message on diversity and inclusion, April 24, 2013
- Statement from Karen Warren Coleman on Facebook postings, April 19, 2013
- Open letter to the community – Bias incident, May 26, 2012
- Report on Regenstein Library Incident, April 2, 2010
- Statement of Support and Resources for LGBTQA Community, October 1, 2010