This award is presented to the staff member who has provided outstanding service to individual students or student groups on a consistent basis, whether through personal advising, development of programs, or improvements to university systems and policies that affect students.
Criteria: Nominees for this award should:
- Demonstrate commitment to identifying students’ needs or expectations and reacting appropriately to ensure student satisfaction.
- Consider the impact on the student when taking action, setting policies, or carrying out tasks.
- Be familiar with university policies and procedures that define or influence students’ needs and a commitment to educating students about these policies.
- Involve students in decision-making or problem-solving processes as early as possible.
- Be creative in seeking ways to provide or improve services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost.
- Be willing to refer students to an appropriate department or employee to solve specific challenges; and to perform appropriate follow-up as needed with students to ensure that their issue/concern has been resolved.
- Continuously work to improve student satisfaction and remove barriers to outstanding student service.
To nominate a staff member for the Outstanding Service to Students Award, please complete the form below by Friday, June 10.